I couldn’t do it. I just couldn’t. No matter how sure I am of picking one place, there’s always some factor which draws me back into the realm of confusion.

I promised myself and my family that I would make my decision by today, but here I am, failing to uphold that promise.

Here’s the final dilemma:

I like Queen’s more.

But, is that worth the price of being far away from my family and most of my friends? Can I survive, knowing that if I find myself up shit’s creek, my options for returning home will be limited? Will I be comfortable moving away from the city that I’ve spent much of the past four years in? Will I feel guilty going to Queen’s given that my brother and grandmother both disapprove?

And, despite the amount of time I’ve had to figure these questions out, I’ve been entirely unable to. There are just too many variables to figure out the best course of action. I can’t do it.

And yet I need to. Hopefully by tomorrow.

Advertisements